what is it
The former guesthouse of King Sihanouk, beautifully restored by Aman with 24 suites in Siem Reap minutes away from the ancient Angkor temples.
what makes it special
- Amansara makes it possible to see the temples in a way that avoids the crowds, some smaller temples you have for yourself and they manage to be in the most popular temples when they are least crowded
- Airport pick-up in a vintage 60’s Mercedes
- You have your own remork and driver at all times
- Young and extremely nice staff
- The dining room, once the King’s screening room, is open all times and the open bar
- The feeling that you stay at a friend’s guest house
- The contemporary design is the perfect contrast after spending the day exploring the temples
you should know
- If you want to see the Angkor temples without the crowds you will have to get up very early, like 4am.
- Much smaller than other Amans, so not so much public space.
Without a doubt the most exclusive way to explore Angkor.
more pictures on Flickr